I didn't write the Wiki article, but it explained the Ragano situation well. Was surprised that it was Anthony Summers who did the investigation on Ragano since Summers has a reputation of including in his books every piece of gossip and innuendo as if they are true. I myself believed Ragano until I learned how he lied. That's why it's so important to verify all claims and assertions as much as one can.

G. Robert Blakey is a very credible person. He's the law professor who created the RICO law. Blakey is also the one who wrote the law that allowed researchers to have access to the FBI files connected with the JFK assassination, most of which are now up in the Mary Ferrell site.

Here's a great interview of Blakey from 1993 with updates from 2003. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/biographies/oswald/interview-g-robert-blakey/

Here is an interview from 2012 where he said he believed the Mob set up Oswald to kill JFK. Again, he believes that JFK was the shooter and no one else, but that somehow the Mafia set him up. He does go into detail about this and at the time of the interview may still have believed in Ragano. http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/nov/22/49-years-have-passed-kennedy-assassination-still/

Here's an interview from ABC News which is very good and he gives details. He thinks that Oswald was somehow convinced by Marcello's people to kill Kennedy and links David Ferrie and his uncle. While Blakey believes the entire Mafia was not complicit with the JFK assassination, he believes Marcello was and that he was not bugged. Here's the link: http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=131462&page=1&singlePage=true

The Frontline interview was BEFORE Summers exposed Ragano as a fraud. Also, Blakey is clear that Oswald was the one who killed Kennedy, but he thinks there could have been some sort of conspiracy involving people around Oswald. These other people didn't kill JFK, but could have influenced Oswald. That's what Blakey allows for, but states that he didn't get access to all the evidence he should have had from the CIA. Other agencies (like the FBI) were cooperative.

What he says about Ruby killing Oswald for the Mob is problematic. Killing Oswald in a police station in front of everyone? By doing that he knew it was an automatic life sentence. What was in it for him? On the other hand, since we knew that the CIA has kept out info from Blakey and other investigators, MAYBE the CIA convinced Ruby that it would be a patriotic thing for him to do. Ruby was a patriot. He was also connected to the Outfit for a fact, but not to Al Capone like Blakey said elsewhere. He was connected to guys like Romeo Nappi, Ralph Pierce and Murray Humphreys. Blakey said that Ruby killed Oswald so that he'd get his "button" (I'm paraphrasing). Uh, Ruby wasn't Italian so never could get made and I'm surprised Blakey wasn't aware of that. I could imagine an offer for the Outfit to take care of Ruby's family if he killed Oswald, but there's no evidence for this. He may have known the Civellos of Dallas -- and they were connected to Marcello -- but again, it's all just speculation. If he did it for the Mafia then there had to be some benefit in it for Ruby as a counter for spending the rest of his life in prison. It's just as possible that Ruby killed Oswald because he liked JFK and hated Oswald for killing Kennedy.

Finally, here's a previously secret CIA connection that only came to light in 2013: http://www.dallasnews.com/news/jfk50/exp...till-sealed.ece

One important thing the article says is that almost all the records will be released in 2017. ON a side note, from memory, a few years ago Caroline Kennedy ordered that the archive on her grandfather Joseph P. Kennedy (which I think are in Harvard) be kept closed to the public until around 2050 (don't quote me on the year). I wonder, could that archive include evidence that he was a major bootlegger who worked with Frank Costello, Joe Bonanno and other mobsters? The family is denying that he was a bootlegger and a recent book by Daniel Okrent asserts that he wasn't either, so that's the party line. I think there's good evidence that he was. This archive may tie the bow in the reasons behind the Kennedy assassination, but many of us probably won't be around then.