Quote:
right before big paul got killed according to Sammy the bull he was gonna have nino killed for all the heat he was bringing on the family. in the book gotti tapes Sammy explains to john he told nino after the trials paul was ginna clip him and told nino they did him a favor gotti didn't invite him to the meeting capo meeting were they elected gotti new boss think nino was going to trial during the time. iread that nino tried to summon gotti at this time but gotti was like wtf im the boss, never read they had problems with each other nino shot a cop I think gotti respected that and demeo helped gotti with hits I think so he had to ask nino permission.

What I am suspecting here, as I am sure Nino did, is that Sammy was trying to psyop him into believing that his number one ally (Big Paul) was in fact his enemy. Nino was blood relation to Big Paul, a Boss who was losing control and badly needed allies. I find it hard to believe Paul would whack Nino, though with these people....anything's possible.

Now if Nino went so far as to summon Gotti, I very much doubt he was kicking up. It's not a good look to put on a tough show right after you kicked up 50% of your profits as tribute. So good relations is something I doubt Nino and Gotti had. More likely is that Nino was a lone wolf Capo with strong Sicilian backing and connections that the Neopolitan John Gotti was wary about disturbing. Maybe we never heard about a beef because Gotti himself was the one who kept it quiet instead of rocking the boat and complaining about back payments of missing tribute? Instead of calling Nino out and having his impotence against the Sicilian faction exposed, he ignored it and kept pretending to be omnipotent.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."