Forget about "bringing in New York water in an oil tanker." Wiseguys (and restaurant people in general) have been pushing that fantasy for years. I think Pistone even mentioned it, and it's going on forty years since he went undercover.

Aside from being COST IMPOSSIBLE to do such a thing, it just wouldn't work for a variety of reasons. For one thing, the humidity down there affects the way the yeast interacts with the flour and water (New York or Florida water won't matter).

The only way to get good bread down there is to buy it up here, have it flash frozen, and THEN ship it. A few places down there do it with the Arthur Avenue bread companies over here, but not on a regular basis because it's just not cost efficient.

I've been splitting my time between New York and Palm Beach County for the past seventeen years. And I've been going to South Florida in general for over forty years. You think Joey is the first gangster to take a shot at a restaurant down there?

Please. They come and go like oranges and key limes down there. They have the exact same success rate as any other restaurateurs do. That means that two out of three fail. And I'm not saying he won't make it. Maybe he will. But he's no shoo-in just because he's a celebrity gangster. Far from it. For every transplanted New Yorker in Eastern Palm Beach County, there are a dozen rednecks in places like Okeechobee who hate New Yorkers and never go out to eat wink.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.