Originally Posted By: salvi62
Originally Posted By: Belette
This is quite off topic, but since this thread is about fear and especially about fearlessness, I'll say this. My true love is the history of WW2 air warfare. My father took me to the airport since I was maybe 5 years old because flying was his passion (he flew, I sat on the grass waiting, until I was older), and it is still his passion even though he's around 65. Me and my father have a collection of about 200 books exclusively about WW2 airwar. We have both studied this quite a lot. And one thing that comes up with the best of pilots is, they face almost impossible odds on daily basis, with the knowledge that this will probably be their last mission. They talk about fear of death quite a lot, and believe me, there is such a thing as intelligent, tactical guy with no fear of death. War brings out a ton of these guys. I'm not saying that Gotti is anything like these guys, but there really are people on this earth who you can't intimidate.

I LOVE those old WW2 movie like "12 O'clock high" etc....

Boy some of those guys had balls. The more missions they flew the higher the chances of getting killed. It was sort of a numbers game, right?

I agree and imagine the people like my grandparents that only survived not getting bombed by following the French POW's in the trenches. Talk about balls too!