There are many that are freelancing these days ,with the La Cosa Nostra disorganized the hundreds of associates and shelved made guys(They did not all of a sudden become upstanding citizens.)

They are in the suburbs, beach towns,Etc.
The way native New Yorkers talk about the Italian neighborhoods disappearing,it is easy to run a racket under the radar.(In suburbs compared to intercity)When everyone is so spread out, that there is no sidewalk talk and social clubs like back in the day where that info would come around much faster.

I have not herd of one person being extorted in my area since the 90's . Of course i am talking about connected people, or old shelved guys.These people are still doing there thing ,just not organized. And if not mistaken this also does not allow the law to use rico as easy as an organized crime group.

There are so many that still get extorted if they were on record when Scarfo was in. Skinny is such a ass he was and does go after businesses and rackets that Nick had, that are in Skinnys blood family.The money he gets from them alone can afford that life he is living (That no one can figure out were he is getting cash) .

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."