Gotta quibble with you a little on Frank. Although Luciano hated Genovese, when he was deported, Genovese was the obvious choice for boss..., Vito had to bail out after that little business with the "Shadow" and the "Hawk". leaveing Frank boss by default. As I understand it, Frank was much more interested in his gambling operations, and was very much a hands off boss. His real power lay in his relationship with Willie Moretti and and Albert Anastastia, so much so that when Vito returned he was forced to tread very carefully.Once he engineered Moretti's and Anastasia's assassinations, and almost got Frank, Frank retired PDQ. This is not to disparage Frank, as I don't think he particularly cared if he was boss or not, and his business relationships with Marcello and Trafficante were much more important to him than his family affiliation. If Gambino was the crafiest of the old school guys, Costello was the smartest - even more so than Lansky, who I always thought was much overated. I may be out to lunch on this, but what do you think?