Originally Posted By: Belette
Originally Posted By: oldschool3
The old timers come back because this is the only life they ever knew and because greed doesn't know age...sorry...yes they may happen to feel deeply for one or another fellow soldier, but the mob is about money...period.

Yes, you are right. I'm just saying that greed doesn't keep that or any other organization together. Has to be something else. Otherwise we would have rats after getting a 3 year sentence.

The core issue with LCN, what is its greatest strength and a core current weakness is that it pertains values stronger than just a criminal organisation.

It 'offers' community, self respect, honour, family, history and the opportunity to be part of something greater. A purpose.

Everyone cant be a brain surgeon. So for those that werent born with those abilities, those lacking or on the bottom end of the spectrum, it 'offers' success and respect for those who couldnt otherwise attain that via regular means in society.

And thats a point worth pondering.

What about the guy who wasnt born smart, intelligent but wants, like us, to have a rich, successful, respectful life?
Why should he be condemned to ditch digging purely out of genetic disposition (or social/economic means) that is no fault of his own?

LCN could, maybe historically have offered a semblance of honour/respect in theory for those who wanted success in life, but were born (genetically or socially) without the means.

These ideals are now gone. If they ever existed.

But that concept, for those on the harder side of life, true or not, will always be appealing. Until they learn the truth.

Though gone, its a concept worth consideration. And maybe there isnt a black and white here.

The world is FULL of grey.

But end of day, though worth musing, that's all it will be...

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.