PB, you are experiencing the burden that many of us middle age + people go through; caring for and assisting our aging parents. Thanks to modern-day medical care our parents are living longer and living healthy longer and then one day - POW - they need our help, love, care, support, comfort, compassion and shoulder. It takes many forms. Maybe its Alzheimer's, maybe a broken hip, pneumonia, phlebitis, financial, or just plain loneliness. My Dad had a stroke at 59 and died at 64. My Mom had to take care of him and they did great for those 5 years, but us kids had to be there as support. Then my Mom was alone. She did great for many years until Alzheimer's caught up to her. That was a tough two years.

In all of this we have to consider the dignity of the individual. They deserve our respect, love and care. It can be an emotional burden and a psychological strain. Hang tough my friend. Approach it with humor, humility and compassion. And I believe you are a man of faith, the Lord can ease the burden. Peace.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12