First of all, thanks to SC for motivating me to address this. Because I've been kinda short tempered these past few months, and I owe some of you an apology, and all of you an explanation.

My Dad, who's almost 85, developed a hernia earlier this year, and there are some complications because of where it's situated. Anyway, he's lived up in Eastchester in his own condominium since my Mom passed away. He's the most self-sufficient senior you'll ever meet, which makes this all the more difficult to deal with. Because in his current state, he was forced to move in with us until they can do the surgery, which takes place the first week of September (thank God). And it's really taking its toll on me because this is a guy was was still WALKING the golf course in Boca this past winter. He's short tempered and angry because of all this, and dealing with it is making me a grouch myself. Eh, who am I kidding? More than a grouch, I've been a real asshole. On these boards and in "real life."

Point is, it's a lot on my plate, and I'm sorry for being such a jerk lately. I'm home more than I have been in years because I don't like to leave him alone, and because of that I'm on the silly Internet more than I've ever been in my entire life. That's half the problem.

Anyway, it's no excuse for the way I've been behaving lately. Just a little bit of an explanation blush.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.