Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic
........how the heck is Greg freakin Scarpa "Not well known"? ohwell we're talking about arguably the most storied, revered American Mafia hitman of all time, right? Same guy?

Anyways, Stallone is too old to play him. Unless they're going to profobviouslyend of his life? Which would be a waste of time, no one cares about that. We wanna see prime Scarpa, when he was really racking them up. They need someone younger.

Maybe among mob enthusiasts.. Because a lot of things that happened to the American mafia as a whole, come back to Scarpa. The more I read, the more I realise what a significant figure he was. For the average person down the street a guy like Roy DeMeo is more well known, which he shouldn't be. Then you have the Luciano's, Capone's, Gotti's. I bet if you asked people to name 10 gangsters most people wouldn't name Scarpa. Most probably never heard of him.

I read about the movie, and am annoyed they picked Stallone of all people to play him.. Why? The guy to me is a one dimensional actor, and he is not even good at that dimension. How can he play a character like Scarpa that has so many layers to his character? That is terrible casting.

Honestly, even though he is not Italian, I think Josh Brolin would play the character perfectly. But I'm pretty sure they would want a full blooded Italian, and im struggling to think of anyone who is italian, young and talented enough to play him that I could take serious. I say young enough, because I think/hope they would cover atleast to right before he being an informant, through the rest of his life.

Last edited by Walkner; 08/15/14 06:03 PM.