Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke
Originally Posted By: slumpy
I've heard the HA is much less a criminal organization in the States than it is elsewhere, that true? For whatever reason i sort of thought they pioneered the MC as a vehicle for criminal activity.

It has been very quiet regarding the US chapters of the Hells Angels for years now, while in Canada the club has a reputation for being among the most powerful criminal organizations in the country. The ones you hear the most from are the British Columbia and Quebec based chapters, even though the ones from Manitoba have been making a name for themselves as well.

In Europe they are still the most powerful OMG and also the one most often tied to criminal activities. In my opinion the epicenter for Europe-based HA organized crime is the Netherlands. A lot of Dutch career criminals, whether they come from the traditional white working class areas in Amsterdam or from the Dutch Traveller communities in South Holland, Brabant and Limburg, have been members of or have been tied to the HA. Germany has traditionally been another important HA country, but a lot of chapters have been forbidden by the government now. The German HA chapters have been recruiting a lot of criminals of Turkish background, some of them known to be involved in human trafficking and prostitution. The Scandinavian countries also have quite an amount of HA chapters, but they work very locally and don't have the same reach the ones from the Netherlands and too some extent the ones from Germany have.

Bandidos have chapters throughout Europe as well, but currently the second strongest OMG (and the one also tied a lot to criminal activity) in my opinion is Satudarah. In the Netherlands they've gained quite some power. It was started by bikers of Moluccan origin (a South Indonesian ethnic group of mixed Papuan/Malay origins from which there has been a large immigration to the Netherlands), but has since been acceptive of all races. A lot of members are Moluccan or Dutch (most of them from local traveller communities) though. Both communities are quite clannish and secluded and maybe that's why they've become this strong. While the media has been speaking of a brewing biker war for years now (and indeed in Germany there was some bad blood between HA and Satudarah chapters), in the Netherlands there has nothing serious happened between the two OMG's. On the contrary, since Bandidos recently started up some chapters in the Netherlands this club has immediately become under attack from both the HA and the Satudarah.

the MB chapter was making some small waves back in the early 00's but they've been essentially dismantled (they still control most of the drug trade via puppet gangs). Very few full patch members are still on the streets. BC and Quebec are way more active (probably because they both have ports).

How much do you think the various HA chapters work together across international lines in Europe? You mentioned the Scandinavians are pretty much local, so I'm assuming there's some degree of cooperation between most of the other chapters.