It does, but not so much anymore. Duvall, Hackman and Eastwood are just shy of 85. Cosby just turned 77 as well.

Story on "I'm walking here...I'm walking here."

When I was in college about 15 years ago, my esteemed alma mater decided upon admission that I needed a fine arts course by the end of my third semester, or I would be dismissed. I picked a class called Focus on Film. About a month in, I arrived early to class, and there was an older gent sitting near where I usually sat. I struck up a conversation, and it turns out that man was Terence Donnelly, who was Friedkin's assistant director for Midnight Cowboy, The Exorcist, French Connection and had produced the remake of 12 Angry Men (starring one small time actor named James Gandolfini).

The day the "I'm walking here" scene was filmed, Donnelly was in charge of making sure both ends of the street were closed -- however they didn't have a permit and the legal right to do so. A cabbie was impatient, and drove past the roadblock during the shoot. Hoffman's line was a reaction to the taxi nearly hitting him.

From what I understand, there's some differing opinions on whether that scene was staged or real. Donnelly mentioned that they didn't have permits for the car chase scene in the French Connection either, but with the help of several off-duty NYPD officers, he was able to pull off traffic control for shooting so bystanders were hurt.