Yeah, Pizza… You make great points. I guess I framed the original question in the starting comment a little inaccurately. The main point I was asking for opinions on is: Is the OPPORTUNITY there for American CN to infiltrate, earn, and influence like our motherland counterparts, and will we EVER see a rise to power like we witnessed with the Outfit of the 20's-30's/60's and NYC 30's-50's and 80's.

All in all the answer is fairly known. No one is emigrating to the U.S. from Sicily or Italy. We are not an emerging economy… Other nations are experiencing these developments and where the money grows so the gangsters go.

I wouldn't nor do I think that currently American CN need or receive the support from home, but during the fledgling days of CN in America, first generation OC members were fresh off the boat, so they had support where it was needed. American CN is 4 or 5 generations removed from emigrating so I can see the connections withering. If America was was as wide open as it once was I feel like we would still be seeing arrests and violence like we once did and impressive personal wealth to rival that of our overseas brethren. I guess I'm stating the obvious.

I guess I was also wondering how tied in to NYC Italy/Sicily is since I am more familiar with Outfit business than I am anything.

Last edited by IlLupo77; 08/02/14 09:55 AM.