Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
Ivy, I'm happy to agree with the FBI on 99% of what they say, but on this occasion I'm going with someone who I trust and think is in the know, why is that so hard to comprehend? the FBI make mistakes every now and then, as of 2012 the FBI and Capeci thought Crea was official boss, I wouldn't be surprised if the feds get two completely different sides to the story of who's boss between the Bronx/EH and the Brooklyn faction. Like some people say, it could be just LE/Capeci trying to cause a stir, or it could be Amuso holding the title with no say in what goes on.

As for the LE agent who claimed Amuso has final say, that's laughable considering pretty much EVERYONE loyal to him was locked up for a significant amount of time and the power had shifted back to the Bronx.

I respect PB's opinion about as much as anyone. As I've said, he's among the handful of "local guys" I take seriously. And I'm usually content to take what he says at face value, as I have certain other people. However, I've never believed ANYONE on these forums is in a better position to know things than the feds. It doesn't matter who they are, where they live, or who they know. They're just not going to have that much inside info readily and directly available to them. Not unless they're presently involved in the life and in a sensitive position within the mob itself. But I don't think there's anyone like that posting on internet forums currently.

Quote:
FBI don't even know who the underboss is, it's killing them.

Says who? Going back to at least the late 1990's, the feds had Crea as the underboss and later acting boss.

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
And in the words of the immortal PB, what actually is 'official boss'? We and the Feds use these terms MUCH more than your guy on the street.

In terms of title, Vic may still wear it, but in terms of the power on the street...? Well, it all goes about how you define boss now doesn't it. The title or the power. In this case two very different things..

When I say "official," it implies a permanent nature. In other words, the official boss is recognized as such and has that position until he either dies or steps down. It's opposed to the "acting boss," which is of a transitory nature. Previously, Crea was the official underboss and acting boss, while Amuso remained the official boss in prison. Amuso was the boss but, because he was not in a position to run the family directly, Crea was the acting boss on the street. Now we still have Amuso as the official boss, Madonna as the current acting or street boss (same thing), and if I had to guess, Crea is probably still official underboss like he has been previously. That's where the whole acting boss thing came from. Either because the actual boss is in prison or has died and hasn't officially been replaced yet. The FBI didn't make this stuff up. These are real positions used by the LCN itself.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.