Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
in scott bernsteins recent article about philly he puts the leadership as Merlino at Boss, Steve Mazzone as acting boss, John Chianglini as underboss, and Ligambi as Consiglieri. and he had Borgesi at soldier. just thought i would mention it.

While things could have changed since then, Mazzone was identified as the official consigliere in the Stefanelli tapes and was reported to be the acting boss in 2013.

We know that prior to his indictment, Ligambi had been the acting boss/official underboss. But the latest reports suggest he is going to retire. But I suppose it would be relatively easy to be retired for the most part while still being consigliere.

Borgesi was named as a captain in the Ligambi indictment. But that might have changed too since then.

Scott's article was the first I heard of John Ciancaglini being the underboss, though it's also possible, I guess. He was reported to control the rackets in Delaware County earlier this year.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 07/31/14 04:18 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.