Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
You make a solid argument Ivy. I respect your opinion and your rationale.

But on this particular issue, respectfully disagree.

Because I think where we differ is that you don't seem to appreciate that a lot of Fed work is best guesstimate stuff at the end of the day. If the hierarchy closes ranks, all the Feds may have to work off is low level informative work, which is distrustful to say the least, and a bad case of Chinese whispers at worst.

So in a situation where most likely NOBODY ACTUALLY KNOWS, it needs to be recognised that what EVERYBODIES doing is best guess work. And that very well could include, you, me, Capeci AND the Feds.
And in that case, which IS the case, then not only an argument can be made for Crea, but a more plausible one. Logically.

But somehow I doubt I'll convince you on this one.

I'm fine "agreeing to disagree," especially since I expect that an eventual indictment will prove Capeci's current information correct unless things actually do change between now and then.

However, again you are making assumptions about how the feds have received their intel in order to dismiss it. Don't forget that, in just documenting a guy as a made member, the feds must have verification from at least two independent sources. If they're that careful about simply identifying a soldier, should we not give them the benefit of the doubt considering the top guys? Especially considering their track record where they've been right the vast majority of the time (at least since the 1980's anyway).

How did we know Danny Leo became the Genovese acting boss back in 2006? Capeci and the feds.

How do we know Dom Cefalu is the Gambino family boss, and Frank Cali the underboss? The feds.

How do we know that the current street panel running the panel consists of Anthony Gurino, John Gambino, and Sonny Juliano? Capeci and the feds.

How did we know that Donny Shacks Montemaranodo was/is the Colombo acting underboss and Benjamin Castellazzo the official Colombo underboss? The feds.

How do we know that Tommy DiFiore is Bonanno acting boss/official underboss? The feds.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.