Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Originally Posted By: azguy
All he had was an Italian sir name and kicked up so he could conduct business on his own turf with his own crew...

I don't think it was even an official affiliation like "associate"....

But why did Mark Silverman give him a primary role in his book about the Salemme vs Carrozza and Russo war? Was DeCologero a major player in that conflict or is Silverman just overblowing his importance for some reason?

Paul wasn't made as far as i know. I worked out at his gym and was good friends with people thaat new him well. But, he was a devout Ray jr loyalist and was often heard speaking about how ehn the old bosses get released soon things will be set straight. All evidence points to Paul stockpiling guns and money to to give to Patriarca and other bosses and or capos to be released soon.

The question is, was this a real plan to restore power backed by the Lucchese family or was Paul just a delusional goomba with this crazy idea that was never going to happen. Who knows? But what I do know is he was respected and feared in the suburbs and often times mob looking people would come visit him at his office in the gym. That's all I really know about the guy. He did look the part though and he was omerta till death, that's for sure.