Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
Nobody said it's the ultimate criteria, but you said people think Crea is boss because they 'want' him to be, which is simply not the case.

Capeci's information is based off Crea and other top guys attending Amuso's wifes funeral, nothing more. So Capeci's original sources to Crea taking over are liars?

AS far as I'm concerned Crea is without a doubt number 1 and Amuso is out of the picture.

I suggest you go back and read the article more closely. The FBI stated in the Nicky Scarfo Jr. trial that Vic Amuso was still the boss. 2 other law enforcement sources backed this up. It was yet another law enforcement source that brought up the wake as circumstantial evidence regarding Amuso's position. And one mob source also confirmed all this.

You say you don't want Crea to be the boss but yet here you are misrepresenting what the article said. I've seen people do this on the forums time and again when the official info doesn't square with what they think is the case. Believe whatever you want but you're just one more poster who dismisses objective, public information in favor of speculation, guesswork, and internet forum hearsay.

Originally Posted By: kiladelphia_pistolvania
Shouldn't even be a debate. We crossed this bridge before and if PB says something I tend to believe it as he has not been caght one time bullshitting. Even if somehow someway Amusa was still boss in name ( which I doubt he is) Crea is the powerhouse on the street who the other guys defer to. Therefor making him the boss. The better question would be who is the UB. Which no1 knows so obviously this Family is doing it right.

By your logic, Carmine Galante was the real boss since he was the power on the street for the time while Rusty Rastelli was in prison. But we know that's not the case. I put a lot of stock in what PB says myself but not enough to ignore the information that came out in the recent Gang Land article. The only info that has ever come out about Crea being the boss came from Capeci himself and he has since corrected that in light of more information. People on these forums have simply been pushing, for lack of a better word, for Crea to be boss for some time now. Much the way they did regarding Nick Corozzo being the Gambino boss, rather than Peter Gotti, even though that was never the case.

Originally Posted By: kiladelphia_pistolvania
Tired of the people saying if LE doesn't report it it isn't true. bullshit. LE has gotten allot wrong before and the LUccheses always seemed to kinda stay under the radar ( Next to the Genovese family they probably are the most secretive and well disciplined). No wars and not many informants with the exception of the Casso\Amusa era of the 90's. After all this is supposed to be a secret society even in this day and age.

Like I said, objective, public information from credible sources is dismissed in favor of speculation, guesswork, and internet forum hearsay. Some of you guys need to join reality.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 07/30/14 04:03 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.