Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Today, college, not the Mob, is the destination for smart young Italian-Americans. The Mob is left with the John and Junior Gotti's of the world. Today it's Cosa Mia, not Cosa Nostra. Many maintain ties with lawmen, who let them know that if they rat out a higher-up, they'll get a pass, or a reduced sentence, on their own crimes and go into Witness Protection.

Eerie, TB. I posted something very similar in another thread right around the same time you made this post. I must be getting smarter to be keeping up with you whistle.

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Italian Americans have produced more college graduates in this country than any other European immigrant group, save for the Jews. But keep in mind that the Jews came from more than one place (Poland, Russia, Hungary, etc.). So if you're born after, say, 1960, and you're still talking out of the side of your mouth, and saying thing like "I had no choice," and "they're only going after me because I'm Italian," you need to have your head examined.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.