Yes Pmac, Whitey never mention the great late Joe Russo... Yes ville they did inherit the 250,000 from Howie Winter and never paid it back....The race fixing was never theirs, it was fat rat tony ciulla scheme...he was the master fixer with the jockeys and vegas bettors and etc.. The split was 50 howie winter and the other 50 went to the jockeys, so they had little minor roles like the rest of the gang...Whitey and flemmi was killers and dangerous yes, but the most dangerous was Joe Mcdonald and jimmy simms...Joe macdonald a ww2 vet, pure killer, was a tough mean bastard ...when he went to jail and they sent him fazools, he sent the money back saying he had three free meals and free clothes what the fuck he need money for and jimmy Simms was about torture and disposal...If you knew anything you know Flemmi once said, "If these guys turn on us we need A fucking Army for those two crazy fucks " Simms dismembered people for a hobby so Whitey was never the big man UNTIL after Howie and the rest of the crew went away on race case....He wasnt even the man in southie until the 70's when squared away the beef with Pat Nee and joined Winter Hill to give him backing against King and the mcgonagle brothers so technically, he got ran out of southie to even be able to conquer southie, but he never did alone and History proves that....Whitey was smart, he extorted weak drug dealers and bookies with threat and the reputation of the Hill as a leverage... He didnt pay the money he owned to North End but he paid the interest and some... He was smart but not smarter than Jerry. Jerry was one of the smartest ever..Multi milllionare who had Barnie Madoff on his payroll with all types of legal ventures...He was doing white collar before it was thought of by gangsters...He knew if he killed Whitey, there was no real man to take over the Hill and collect from all the other bookies the Hill once controlled and he would lose that extra money...He would lose the interest on the debt, the weekly payments from the ongoing payments and etc so it wasnt because they couldnt but becuase he was smart...remember he said he dont need tough gangster he needs SMART tough gangsters..

Last edited by Joerusso; 07/27/14 08:35 PM.

raymond l.s.patrairca sr to u.s. state committee- " if i didnt have my case coming up ill to come back in here with two gentlemen and when this is over with and really lay down the law, yous guys been giving me nothing but alot of hookwhick and i wish i wasnt on trial and have this case and really tell the united states whats going on "
Jerry Anguilo on wartime with winter hill - " If we got to war we got Joe Russo and the maverick boys so we have nothing to worry about they can go to vietnam and come back untouched "