Originally posted by Huntz:
Originally posted by Sermanni:
[b]
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[b] However, Fredo was not Tessio, not even close.... and quite frankly, his one 'noble' act (or at least as close to noble as Fredo could get) was hanging up on Johnny Ola that night he called for more information.

Apple
the Hail Mary story just clinch it for me

[/b]
So what are you saying? He knew he was going to be killed while fishing? Because his story about 'Hail Mary' was told many days if not weeks before his death. So what he knew that was the way he was going to die, decided to Anthony about it & then just accepted his imminent death? Was this a sign to Anthony of what his father had done & was capable of? Bit farfetched, there was no way he knew, I’m betting even if Al said “let’s go fishing” before he reconciled with Michael that he would not have suspected a thing. [/b]
What?... are you talking about?

He told Anthony the story as a tale from his childhood, obviously not telling Anthony he was going to die. Only when anthony left the boat did he realise he was going to die (in my opinion). He started to pray- he says becausehe did that when fishing, but really as his way of making peace with god. So..not far fetched, just an opinion.

And saying Fredo would have not suspected al asking him to go fishing when he was still not reconicled with michael is just plain silly.

Fredo was not the brightest, but he was not a complete moron

Cicci, a porta.

Could you get me off the hook Tom? For old times sake?