Originally Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt

This is one of my favorite Sipowicz bits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW6Ljep0AC0

lol That is awesome. You are turning into one of my favorite BB posters Itsdajackeeetttt

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I think the most remarkable thing about the show was how they took a character who had basically no redeeming qualities at the outset of the first season, and made you care so deeply for him. For my money, Sipowicz is one of the most iconic characters in the history of television. Warts and all smile.

The seeds of Sipowicz's character were planted in the first season. The viewer sees him being a rogue cop, regularly seeing a hooker, and continuously drinking. Yet after he gets shot by Giardella in the first half of Season 1, his partner John Kelly and then Sylvia Costas both discover some of Andy's better qualities. While Andy is rough around the edges, he's got some soft spots too.

It's too bad Caruso was such an a-hole back then and left the show because of his ego. The whole plotline with Licalsi killing the mobster and her involvement with Kelly was great. But her character became null & void once Caruso left.