Originally Posted By: jace
Originally Posted By: Garbageman
Every time I hear the name, Genovese, the first place comes to mind is the Bronx. There's something in that Bronx water. Makes em loyal sonsabitches.
I'd say the worst water in all of NYC has to be in Staten Island, lotsa rats pissin in that reservoir.

I think they have traditionally been based in the Little Italy area and the Luccesse's are form the Bronx.

The Genovese were geographically widespread. They had (until recently) a crews in Springfield, Mass and a made member in New Bedford, Mass. They had crews in Florida (like every family). They have the Tough Tony crew in Queens and a bunch in Brooklyn, including what's left of the Gallo gang (not much) in Red Hook.

Then there's Jersey, where I am guessing half of the Genovese are based now. Plus the Bronx and northern suburbs, where the 116th street crew now is based. Maybe a handful left of the Grennwich Village crew too.

Conversely, the Colombos are in Gravesend, Brooklyn and Staten Island...just a few crews. That's it.

Also,the Genovese guys almost always plea out. The last Genovese guy who decided not to plea out a case was Larry Ricci. So they stuffed him in the trunk of a car.