Pretty interesting - thanks!

But to sum it up, just scroll to the last 40 seconds of the video to know the truth (as we Americans know it ;))

...but yeah, I've always considered Canada/US/Central/South as The Americas. But "America" is the term used and understood all over for the US, specifically -- but only by foreigners, by the way! We're American, sure, and if you say that anywhere in the world, you're assumed to be from the U.S. But when we're traveling abroad, we don't go "back to America", we're not "from America" -- we go back to the U.S., cuz we're from the U.S.

Other places may call themselves the "Unites States of...", but, we are The United States. And we're Americans.

Canadians are Canadians. Mexicans are Mexicans. Costa Ricas are Ticos (and, Costa Ricans) -- we're all "Americans", but the word itself -- today -- really only means those from the United States. But it's interesting to hear about the history of the word....

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations