Originally Posted By: funkster
Originally Posted By: jonnynonos
If you read the article, it says that the police got the warrant due to the supposed bragging, and later seems to indicate that such a murder did in fact take place.

I'm not a lawyer but I imagine a judge issuing a warrant would ask if there ever was such an incident.

It says they are looking into the death of the old lady in 87. If foul play wasn't suspected back then or didn't show up in an autopsy I don't know how strong a case they would have against him based on a CI's hearsay.

Slumpy, if you read Joe Lopez's statements it sounds like that may be what he's trying to argue. But, just like Jonny..i'm "not a lawyer".

These are the quotes I was referring to:

"According to an affidavit police obtained for a search warrant of their homes, an informant said Panozzo boasted about killing an elderly woman around 1987.

“Panozzo still jokes about throwing someone down three flights of stairs and jokes about how surprisingly difficult it was to murder an elderly woman,” according to the affidavit.

Investigators are focusing on a 77-year-old woman who died on Oct. 17, 1987, in the 2300 block of West Ohio, the affidavit said."