Originally Posted By: Snakes
Panozzo is through. Maybe he will cut a deal if he can offer something on Vena, although the thought of this dirtbag making it back to the streets is somewhat disquieting.

Panozzo and Koroluk have been in and out of jail since they were kids and both have a lot of family in the neighborhood that Albie Vena runs. Between this and the Stephen Mandell indictment, it's obvious the Grand Avenue crew is very active and very serious. I don't see either of these guys flipping, but would assume they take plea deals. I think the larger question is who this state's witness is (he's obviously been around since the 1980s) and how much damage he can do to Albie or other members of the Grand Ave crew.

Remember, Albie was on trial for murder and walked in the mid 90s. The State's Witness against him was a girl from the neighborhood and niece of Sam Gibellina, an Outfit connected cop in Melrose Park. She was framed as a serious drug user and I know first-hand the family went through a lot. Ed Genson tore the prosecution's case to pieces.

So while it always sounds like an open-shut case, you never really know when it comes to Chicago.

Last edited by ChiTown; 07/23/14 11:57 AM.