Gram Makes some great points here. I'm glad Serpiente is back too.

As for the inconsistencies in the books, it's just how 2 different people recall/perceive an event. Phil didn't have a lot of respect for Nicky Crows act; flimflammer. Nicky Crow was the biggest Money Maker for all of The Scarfo Mob?? That's what the Crow says in his book. And, Philly/ South Jersey aint big enough where the Crow coulda pulled off all the shit with the jewelery store Kuggerands, brass wire gold bars nonsense without being shut down right away. Granted, it was the 70s but not the fucking dark ages. Jewelers row is a couple of blocks. So that's a bit of an embellishment on his part. I'm sure he was good at scams, but he got caught so he wasn't that great.

Let's be realistic, Philip Leonetti embellished a bit in his book. All of us do when we recall stories. But, I think his main focus was to let everyone know how fucked up his uncle was. Just like Dom Montiglio did with uncle Nino.

There are alot of stories around about Phil being a tough SOB and really enjoying (outwardly) his status. But, no one knows what goes on behind closed doors. Scarfo was a fucking maniac. You think his sister/phil's mom didn't get reminded every minute of everyday by Scarfo Sr. what he was doing for his blood family? You think her "no-show" job at the Local was given to her no-strings-attached? He probably made her kick up. LCN!!

Sr. had his hooks in Phil when he was 8-9 years old. If you started to manipulate your kids at that young age, and all they were surrounded by was Uncles in LCN (Piccolos), you can fucken bet your kids gonna be that person.

Boss of tha toilet!