Yeah this is really nuts. Everyone knows Paul Koroluk in the Grand Ave neighborhood. He was school boards and used to run a video store that was essentially a social club. He and Fred Pacente were busted for insurance scams back in the late 80s.

Everyone also knows about the CNotes. Guys like Kenny "Rico" Rodriguez and Jose "Chewy" Martinez are just as popular as Joey Lombardo. This was an Italian gang that really morphed into a Mexican/Ghetto gang by the early 90s. But a lot of the leaders- guys like Franco Santelli - were Italian.

Bobby Panozzo was a known heavy guy who was always around Albie. I was not aware he was ripping off cartels however, nor would I ever suspect Paul Koroluk of doing something like this - he was just a burglar (and a great one) who actually worked under some of the best Grand Avenue burglars like Andrew "Nucci" Lombardo; Joe's brother.

I really wonder who this informant is. If he has knowledge of real estate extortions happening back in the late 80s, he could really hurt Albie and the Spina brothers - those were the guys behind all of this and they own a TON of property in the neighborhood.