Originally Posted By: merlino
The feds can get into listening on any wiseguys just with associating with other underworld figures who may have connections either intentionally or not with terrorist organizations through gun trade drug trade stolen overseas goods whatever... then that becomes threats to national security and then the "enemy of the state" nsa, surveillance starts on some ppl and your outta business

That's all I was trying to convey. Whether it's admissible or not, that's another story. But if they want you, they're going to make your life a living Hell.

And I've said it before. But Vinny Basciano has already been housed with terrorists. It's just a matter of time before the Feds link a local drug deal to a foreign national to a radical group like Al-Qaeda. And even though there are many degrees of separation, when that happens, they'll start using the anti-terrorism statutes against run of the mill criminals like Italian American wiseguys.

I think it's pretty clear that I don't trust the government. But neither do I hate them. They have an impossible job to do in the age of terrorism.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.