I'm not surprised the Outfit still holds a lot of sway in the neighborhood. All they really need is the political connections. They are tuned into the underworld and still have a fair amount of political connections. All it would take is a phone call to the right politician/cop/public official, to drop the dime on some gangbanger/drug dealer.

At least that is the theory I once proposed to Fosco re: Grand Ave. and the couple other neighborhoods where they likely still exert a considerable amount of power, and he agreed 100 percent.

Intersting story. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Fosco's story is interesting too. LOL. I don't really like to name names on these things, but *someone* is really turning into quite the mob celebrity. (The guy who hangs out at RIchard's.)

I wonder how he feels about the increasing publicity. All it takes is a one bored writer like John Kass to suddenly make you his cause d'celebre.

Next thing you know City Hall is sitting there scratching their heads saying "What are we gonna do about this X X character? He's making us all look bad!"

Anyway, I can't imagine I would like it very much if I was in his position.