Originally Posted By: olivant
Kly and PB, both of your posts are a fine expression of the nature of the American justice system. Some people invest in so much emotion that it obscures their reasonable appreciation for how that justice system works. Of course, much of the reason that they do that is because they never see themselves as being subject to the criminal justice system; they figure that it's only ever going to be applied to someone else.

Thanks, Oli.

This is a bit off topic. But while I have you on the subject, I'm watching "JAG" on dvd right now (seriously, as I'm typing this). I have the entire set because I thought it was a fun show, if a little bit far fetched, and it's never on in reruns anymore.

My only problem is with the insubordination that most of the major characters often show. The same thing goes on in the "NCIS" shows (and don't forget, the original "NCIS" was a "JAG" spinoff).

These character often seem to to do whatever the Hell they want, even after they're given direct orders to the contrary. You were in the military. How long would they last in real life? lol

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.