Originally Posted By: Camarel
Lilo; you're a tad selective here. Why are you debating Ivy when Turnbull gave you a detailed and friendly response here?

It's because of prior bad blood, Camarel. And that stuff should never be dragged into new topics. It's definitely out of character for Lilo, but sometimes you just can't take it anymore and snap. I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm guilty of it myself lately. I recently let a complete troll lower me to his level. Everyone here knows who I'm talking about. If I mention his name, I only empower his bullshit.

Lilo doesn't need me to defend him. But he's as smart as anyone I've ever met online. He's like Turnbull smart, and that's really saying something. That they disagree on this just goes to show that intelligent people can have opposing points of view and debate in a civil manner.

And just for the record, although Lilo and I share similar political views on a lot of things, we disagree by half on a few others. And this is one of them. I fervently support Israel, but I don't proselytize. What's the point?

Ivy's a good guy too, and also very intelligent. He and I agree on a few things, and disagree on a few things. But I said from the minute this topic was created that it was going to be trouble. Not because it's such a hot-button issue and politically relevant at the moment. But because it was created by a malcontent that was here before, got banned, and still harbors some resentment. So we can count this as a parting gift from our old friend EastHarlemItal.

That's my two cents. This can be a great topic to debate. But if we get nasty with each other here, then we're only giving a delusional troll what he wants. Don't feed the trolls wink .

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.