I have recently bought the book "When Falcone met the mafia" (Quando Falcone incontro' la mafia) by Salvatore Mugno about Giovanni Falcone's investigations during the early part of his career, when he was prosecutor in Trapani. There is a description of 6 mafia cases, 2 corruption cases, and 6 common crime cases. Here I translated the first of the mafia cases. If you are interested, I can try translating the rest, will be updating gradually.

Don Peppino Caiozzo from Castellammare and a stranger called Vincenzo Virga (1967-1969)

In January 1967, several minutes after he married, the carabinieri arrested Giuseppe Caiozzo, a shepherd with a criminal record for robbery, suspected of being one of the people responsible for a murder and a double attempted murder that took place in the Luzziano countryside in Buseto Palizzolo, on 8 September 1958 (and also of having stolen 170 sheep from Antonino Angelo in November 1964, and other crimes).
At sunset, that day, 3 armed people entered the house of the rich landowner Stefano Barone and shot him, his wife Anna Cesaro’ and their 23-year-old son Vito, who was killed. The Barone husband and wife, gravely wounded, managed to escape.
Stefano Barone had been telling for a long time that it must have been his relative Giuseppe Barone, nicknamed “Vucca sparata”, who ordered the massacre and could have acquired his properties by eliminating the whole family.
Caiozzo, who evaded law enforcement for a long time, was finally trapped. Antonino Buccellato, thought to be a member of the hit squad, was denounced but not arrested.
The trial started in Trapani, in November 1968.
The public prosecutor was Giovanni Falcone. The defense attorneys were Paolo Camassa, Innocenzo Ragusa and Girolamo Bellavista.
The Barones confirmed the statements they made 10 years ago, including the fact of receiving anonymous extortion letters before the attack, and their suspicions about their relative. They also confirmed that they had definitely recognized Giuseppe Caiozzo from a photo provided by the carabinieri, as the leader of the hit squad of three people, one of whom about 15 years old and the other two about 25.

A rather precise profile of Giuseppe Caiozzo’s criminal personality and his frequentations emerged from the testimonies by the investigators, who described him as responsible of: (…) numerous mafia-related episodes (…). Various times he obtained meat from the butcher Vito Todaro in via Roma di Buseto and never paid it. He made the gas station attendant Simone Randazzo in via Venezia provide him fuel for a Fiat 500 which he didn’t drive, various times, and always left without paying, while saying “I am don Peppino Caiozzo from Castellammare”. Between 1964 and 1966, he obtained fuel various times, always without paying and always with a mafia attitude, from the gas station attendant Silvestro Giallo who worked at the state highway 187. These are the first declarations to the judges by the brigadier Giovanni Vargiu from the Buseto Palizzolo carabinieri station (…) Caiozzo, according to the brigadier, often frequented the Mafiosi Giovanni Abbate, Buccellato from Castellammare del Golfo, nicknamed “Scarpareddu”; Ignazio Drago and Giuseppe Magaddino, some of them on caution, others people on surveillance.

During the same hearing a name was mentioned, which would be prominent in Cosa Nostra in the future years.

The depositions of a man under surveillance, Vincenzo Virga, were interesting. “4 years ago – the witness said – Caiozzo asked me to release a 50000 Lira bill and I was ill in bed and, to avoid trouble and according to his assurance that the bill would be paid, I signed it. It’s not true that, as I am accused, it was Caiozzo who signed the bills and, since you warn me to tell the truth, I declare that it was the brigadier Vargiu who wanted me to say that, but I didn’t because it wasn’t true.
The deputy prosecutor Giovanni Falcone asked for a confrontation between the official and the witness.

The brigadier Giovannino Vargiu confirmed the:

Trafficking of bills between Caiozzo and Virga. The witness stated that Caiozzo presented in the bank a bill signed Vincenzo Virga and he got to know about it when he was given a notice to pay. The brigadier said that the same witness admitted that he signed the bill. Virga couldn’t explain the difference between the statements, attributing this to the fact that, since he expressed himself in dialect, the brigadier hadn’t understood him well. But the brigadier confirmed it. So the public prosecutor Mr Giovanni Falcone asked the witness if he could tell where did the bill end up. Receiving a negative answer, Mr Falcone requested to indict Virga for false testimony and bill fraud.

But Virga’s attorneys objected and the court ruled against the request.

The trial continued in January 1969 and Falcone asked the Trapani court to sentence Giuseppe Caiozzo to 30 years and Giuseppe Barone to 20 years:

According to Mr Falcone, Giuseppe Barone, the mastermind of the diabolical plan, intended to damage the relative’s property by kidnapping his son Vito, who was the victim of an impetuous killing when the situation precipitated.

But the court acquitted Caiozzo of murder and sentenced him to 2 years and 4 months only for the attempted theft of sheep from the shepherd Antonino Angelo from Balata di Baida, a location near Castellammare del Golfo. While they sentenced the man who ordered the crime, Giuseppe Barone, to 16 years.
Falcone immediately announced that he would appeal the Caiozzo sentence, that “has been received with a certain shock by the numerous public present in the courtroom”.
In appeal Caiozzo was sentenced to 30 years.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."