Originally Posted By: ItalianForever
Pizza of all the heavy guys in the bronx was vinnie considered among the heaviest? He was a soldier for most of his career and had a very short run in higher positions. Compared to the genovese and luchese guys in the bronx.

Not really. Sure, when he became boss he was among the heaviest guys because he was the boss lol. But when he was on the street as a soldier, there were tons of guys in other families still on the street.

I mean, Angelo Prisco (Genovese), Joey Giampa (Lucchese) and Louie Ricco (Gambino) were all on the street for most of the '90s (on and off anyway, they all did some time back then). And back in the '90s, he had to contend with Patty DeFillippo in his own family.

I just cited those guys to give an example in each family (no Colombos in the Bronx). But there were other soldiers and skippers heavier than Vinny back then, too.

But like I said, when he got the nod as boss, he was the actual head of a family, so he had plenty of power and respect. He did end up having a short run, though.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.