Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
They are stronger than you give them credit for but we'll agree to disagree there.

As for the quote above EVERY foreign aid package contains weapons. They just never mention that on the news.

a conscripted army will never be as strong or as well motivated as an all volunteer force, i don't think anybody can or will dispute that point. yes, they have some well trained operatives who are combat experienced, but again, what weapons do they produce themselves? do they manufacture their own f-15/16's? what kind of a navy do they have? are they equiped with any aircraft carriers, or is their navy made up mostly of a bunch of smaller craft and a few subs? where did they come across the nuclear weapons they are alleged to be in possession of? is their small population and economy capable of funding the current military setup they have in place, or are they dependent on help from outside sources? their military force is roughly the same size as that of the uk, who would smoke them in any type of conflict in short order!

i have no dog in the fight over there. i think it's silly for us to continue to waste vast amounts of money to try and shape the region as we see fit, which hasn't exactly worked out too well! i get very annoyed at all of these people who are so passionate about supporting them. imo, unless you are willing to join up or send your own family over there to fight for them, you should keep your fucking ideas to yourself. religious nutjobs have and will continue to kill each other based off of a bunch silly nonsense, best to just steer clear of the whole mess imo!

I have no dog in this fight either. Of course the UK would smoke Israel in a war, I never said Israel could handle any of the big dogs (U.S., Russia, UK, etc.) but there is NOT ONE country or organization in the Middle East that could bang heads with Israel and win. They don't need a Navy to sustain themselves, so why even bother with one?

Also as for weapons like olivant said they make the Merkava tank, they also make the LAR (160mm artillery rocket pod launchers), they make the 120mm tank gun for the Merkava's, they make Uzi's as well (not a big military weapon though), they also have their Delilah cruise missile, the Negev machine gun, Desert Eagles (not much good for military use though), the TAR-21 is a good bullpup weapon, they also make a laser guided missile, and of course their best weapon they still make is probably the Galil so yes they are somewhat self sustaining. They are also loaded with F-15 and F-16 fighter jets which are no joke either. So yea as I said they are no joke as a military force but in no way am I saying they could handle the big boys of the world.