Just finished reading MR. MERCEDES. I thought it was terrific. This is Stephen King's first "hard-boiled crime" novel, but he did a great job. A suspenseful (and often times frightening) plot with a memorable cast of characters. Retired detective (Det. Ret.) Bill Hodges is a likeable main character who you can't help but root for (I can picture Michael Harney of NYPD BLUE fame playing the role should the book ever become a film or mini-series), and Brady Hartsfield is exceptionally evil and deranged. The supporting cast is great as well, especially Holly, whose character literally leaps off the page.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, King has a way of painting pictures with words, and this is another one of those novels where you become utterly absorbed in the world he has created. This is a no-brainer for King fans, but I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good "cat-and-mouse" type thriller. An excellent (and quick) read!

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis