Originally Posted By: cookcounty
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: olivant
They're everywhere! They're everywhere!"

"In April, Crystal Moore was fired in what she said was a decision driven by homophobia. Now the town of Latta, South Carolina, has voted to alter the structure of its government and hire her back as police chief, in the process weakening the powers of the mayor who put her on the chopping block."

http://news.yahoo.com/southern-town-lesbian-sheriff-003000842--politics.html

Well, let's not get carried away, Oli. And I'm not even familiar with the case. But people should be hired based on their ability. Period. Because you know what happens next, right?

Quotas for openly gay people. And that opens the door to people lying about their orientation on job applications to increase their chances.

Let them live their lives and go about their business. I'm all for that, and I've always supported their rights on this board. But we don't need anymore "victim" groups that benefit from Affirmative Action, especially if they're going to lie about it. And for the record, I've always been in favor of it to a certain degree smile .

that people being hired because of ability shit is bullshit

we had C student as president for 8 years....Cs = average

somebody of average intelligence shouldn't lead your country

the proof is in how bad bush fucked up

I didn't even like Bush, and I posted as much constantly. But the man went to Yale, Cook.

Where'd you ever go except to pick up gumment cheese with your drug addled Mother? lol lol

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.