Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke
What are the typical rackets the Bukharians run?

Frankly, I don't think they're that organized that you can say "rackets." And I've only heard that they've started to head for North Miami Beach in droves, so I haven't seen anything firsthand.

Furthermore, I just want to add that they're mostly hardworking people. But like any other immigrant group, you're going to have a few crooks. Up here the Bukharians are all over Rego Park and Forest Hills. Mostly in the nice apartment buildings from 113th down to Yellowstone, and along the Grand Central Parkway.

From what I've seen and heard, they like to lend money. And like a lot of the Eastern European groups, they're into the tech stuff (which is way over my head). And as I posted in a previous thread, a lot of the men cut hair (which of course is perfectly legal).

If you're ever in New York and you want to get an idea just how many of them are in Queens today, head out to Forest Hills on a Saturday just after Shabbos (they're VERY observant Jews), and you'll see them walking around in droves smile .

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.