You all disapoint me.

For John Carpenter fans like me, we can name a couple:

First there is the 70's B classic ASSAULT ON PRECEINT 13 about a small police preceint office in Los Angeles and its 7 occupants(a cop, secretary, notorius deathrow prisoner in Napoleon Wilson, etc.) undersiege from a gang that wants a person inside the building(after he had killed some members of this gang). A film that reeks homages and reverence for movies like RIO BRAVO and NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, it is coming out in 2005 as a remake starring Ethan Hawke and Lawrence Fishburne.

Second, though pretty dated in the funky retro-future style that WARRIORS is stuck with, lets not forget the 80's B action favorite ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK. In the year 1997(this was made in 1981 after all) Manhattan Island is an enwalled prison for the police state that the nation has become. When Air Force One crashes on this island while on its way for a peace summit, the US government sends in wanted outlaw/former U.S. Special forces soldier "Snake" Plissken(one of Kurt Russell's first roles to escape his Mouse House past with success, methinks) to rescue the strangely British-accented American President played by Donald Pleasance.

Of course I could mention ESCAPE FROM LA and the f*cking awful GHOSTS OF MARS but screw that! However, I enjoyed EFLA despite the editing being all over the place(though its understandable from where people keep telling me that Paramount only gave Carpenter 2 weeks to edit his final cut for the movie). But ya, GHOSTS OF MARS was really really crappy. No wonder Carpenter hasn't directed since that Ice Cube-laced train wreck.