I'm a firm believer in you're a product of your environment. That's it unless you're a star athlete no one cares about those kids in hood. Easier said than done!!

To be fair most people from the hood, myself included, are not drug dealers, pimps, armed robbers, fraudsters, etc. Most of them work or want to work. It's a relative few that commit crimes or abuse welfare. I don't think the argument that where you are from means your doomed holds water. Me and my family and friends prove that wrong everyday.

As for rooting for the bad guys, the K&A gang, Pagans/Warlocks, and later the Latin Kings and their like RUINED my neighborhood. HELPED turn it into a dangerous slum and made it worse for everyone. When people think of Kensington and people from Kensington that's what they think of. I'm not proud of that and wouldn't root for people who make that so.

I love history and read about people like the Nazis and Red Army and other people I can't stand just like o.c. But I think it's more glamorous from afar from the safety of your computer or once you've left the neighborhood. Personally I can't do that.

PS, don't like cops either! Most of the K&A gang and Pagans had cop brothers or fathers who helped them thrive.