Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Belmont
The Perna's are basically bookies, nothing more. Fact, they do whatever NY tells them to do.
If scarfo was demoted, NY was behind it for whatever reason and who really knows what the true reason was.. Maybe Crea did it because of resentment to amuso.

That's the point I've been trying to make. Stevie took the kid and he didn't have to, so he couldn't have thought he was a total fuckup. Or maybe Stevie just looks at Scarfo Sr. as a link to the old mob and he did it out of sentiment. But he sure as shit didn't do it for Vic. He hates Vic's guts, and Vic was boss IN NAME ONLY for years, so he sure as shit didn't get a "message from prison" to straighten the guy out.

And this isn't my New York zip code speaking, but everything goes through the Bronx/Harlem faction now anyway. But like I said earlier, I seriously doubt that Junior Scarfo was ever the official skipper to begin with.

I pretty much agree with that in theory, but there are some wiretaps that make me think otherwise. like back in the mid 2000s, Ralph Perna and his son Joe were surveilled meeting with Joseph Dinapoli in the bronx, then minutes after the meeting ended Joe Perna(who's phone was tapped) called his brother and told him that Scarfo jr was being bumped down and that Ralph was taking over.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort