Since Vice-President Dick Cheney has apparently said he has no interest in running for President in 2008(well I'll see it when it happens)....and because the Democrats were defeated for the White House this past week, which candidates for both parties might run 4 years from now(or technically 2 years from now, but that is complicated primary lingo for another time)?

For the Republicans I see such possible names as an Arizona Senator that I voted for in the primaries in 2000 and wished HAD been the GOP nominee in 2000(and in comparison to Gore, probably for President as well)....John McCain. Other names for the Grand Old Party include Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist of Tennessee, Rudy Guilliani, New York Governor George Pataki, Ahhnuld(hey, anyone here ACTUALLY thought about 5 years ago that he was going to be Governor of the world's 5th largest economy? I think not. Anything is possible!), Jeb Bush(despite him saying he has no interest in the job), etc.

For the Democrats, who?

Two easy answers would be of course the defeated Vice-Presdential candidate John Edwards of North Carolina and current New York Senator and former First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton. Other possible names include people like New Mexio Governor Bill Richardson.

Anyway, write up your opinions on this manner or move to Canada in protest, whatever fancies your taste more.