Shia chased bum for his food before meltdown

By Lorena Mongelli, Natalie O'Neill and Jamie Schram

June 27, 2014 | 10:32am

Troublemaking actor Shia LaBeouf chased after a homeless man — demanding he hand over a McDonald’s bag in Times Square — a few hours before he went berserk at the Broadway Musical “Cabaret,” new video footage reveals.

“He really wanted whatever was in that bag. He had so much focus. … If there were French fries in the bag, maybe he really wanted to eat them, ” a witness said.

He added, “He was dodging people and and yelling, ‘Yo, come on!’ … He was on a mission. It was so bizarre.”

The witness, who works in the publishing industry, was walking home from work with his girlfriend around 6:23 p.m. when they spotted the “Transformers” actor at Broadway and 49th Street, dodging pedestrians to catch up with the homeless man.

“At first I thought the bum had stolen something from [LaBeouf]. But the bum was responding in almost a joking manner.”

His girlfriend added, “It was like they were playing tag!”

The cat-and-mouse game broke out just three hours before the star was hauled away in handcuffs for smoking inside Studio 54 Theater, slapping actors’ butts — including Alan Cumming — both backstage and in the audience, and talking back to cops on Thursday night.

Officers tossed him in a holding cell at Midtown North, where he lashed out at officers, saying, “I’m going to kick your a–,” police sources said.

Later, he began singing a strange, apparently made-up hip-hop song, rapping, “I want to go out. I want to go out,” police sources said.

Once in the holding cell, he began pacing around, police sources said.

LaBeouf was released from the holding cell on Friday morning.

Looking frazzled and wearing a ripped blue shirt — and boots without laces — he was arraigned at Midtown Community Court around 10 a.m.

Labeouf appeared in front of Judge Felicia Mennin with a public defender and was released on his own recognizance. He kept his hands clasped behind his back and stared straight ahead. He said nothing.

The actor was charged with criminal trespass, disorderly conduct and harassment.

He declined to comment afterward.

http://pagesix.com/2014/06/27/shia-labeo...8704.1403814272