Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic
My point was that a half chinaman would be much more likely to be brought into the fold (not made) than a mulatto.

Well, I thought the question was specific to being made. If I misread it, that's on me smile.

Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic
Italians have never been reluctant to do business with Oriental crime families. Black gangs, on the other hand.

Well, I don't know about Chicago. If you know anything about me, it's that I don't speculate about things outside of my own region. But years ago here in New York, the Harlem numbers games were shared by the Italians and the Blacks, and there was rarely a beef. Bumpy Johnson and his crew were pretty close with some of the old Westside guys on 116th Street and the Luccheses on 108th.

Now I realize that's a long time ago, and you're probably thinking of the more modern day Black gangs (Crips, Bloods, etc.). But if that's the case, I'll just point out that it's fairly common knowledge that Vinny Basciano was in the junk business with LOADS of Black and Dominican gang types. And that's within the past twenty years. And Vinny ended up a boss.

But again, that's New York. I'll take your word about Chicago.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.