Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Im surprised it has to be said.

The activities of the mob are diametrically opposed to the fundamental principles and beliefs of the Catholic Church. How anyone can reconcile the two is amazing to me and speaks to the power of cognitive dissonance.

Nutshell: OC guys are full of shit when they purport to be religious.

Whether they believe it or not.

Of course. It's hypocrisy to the nth degree.

And I just posted something similar the other day, and I generally hate using fictional media as an example. But "The Sopranos" hit in on head with Paulie getting mad at the Priest for not "protecting" him from eternal damnation when Christopher got shot and had that near death experience. Then a few years later he's shaking down the feast. Fucking typical rolleyes .

I can't tell you how many guys were like that when I was growing up. [b[You can't buy your way into Heaven. Doesn't work like that wink. [/b]

The Catholic church does this. What do you think tithing is, or what used to be called indulgence? The tons of fake relics and trips to the Vatican are? Or cannoization of saints? All it means is some nobody nun, priest, or a pedophile Pope paid lots of money to become a "saint". Or a brainwashed Roman Catholic sheep donated some money so a pedophile priest could absolve them of their sins, or do this for a dead person who they buy Mass cards for.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/10/nyregion/10indulgence.html?ref=us&_r=0

“Why are we bringing it back?” asked Bishop Nicholas A. DiMarzio of Brooklyn, who has embraced the move. “Because there is sin in the world.”

The current Pope is Southern Italian not Argentinian even if he and the most evil insitutition in the world the Roman Catholic church and the Vatican want to pretend he is.

This Pope also completely supported the Argentinian genocide.

Crimes of the mafia are very low compared to how the Roman Catholic church has killed people, molested kids, and been totally greed driven for centuries ever since it started.

The Vatican and the Vatican banks took out loans from various criminal organization groups in Italy. Just how do you think the Roman Catholic church became so powerful in Italy? Through the help of the mob.

The Vatican Bank knowingly hid money for the mafia, breaking money laundering laws in the process, prosecutors allege in documents filed in Italian court. Investigators also suspect that several members of the clergy have acted as fronts for mobbed-up businessmen. The allegations spring from a money-laundering probe into the Church’s bank, which led police to seize €23 million ($30 million) in September, the Independent reports.

The Vatican calls the probe a “misunderstanding” that it hopes will be resolved quickly. But this isn’t the first scandal for the holy bank, and a mob connection has been rumored ever since two Vatican financial advisers died in what looked suspiciously like hits in the ‘80s. Holocaust survivors are optimistic this latest probe could help them recover money stolen by the Nazis, which they have long believed hidden in the bank.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banco_Ambrosiano

Journalist David Yallop believes that Calvi, with the assistance of P2, may have been responsible for the death of Albino Luciani who, as Pope John Paul I, was planning a reform of Vatican finances. This is one of many conspiracy theories about Luciani, who died of a heart attack. However, Calvi's family maintains that he was an honest man manipulated by others. Their perspective informs Robert Hutchison's 1997 book Their Kingdom Come: Inside the Secret World of Opus Dei. According to the magistrates who indicted Licio Gelli, P2's headmaster, and Giuseppe Calò for Calvi's murder, Gelli would have ordered his death to punish him for embezzlement of his and the mafia's money, while the mafia wanted to stop him from revealing the way Calvi helped it in money laundering.

Talk about being hypocritical; but this is the Pope and the Roman Catholic church.

The pope is just another man made God. He is nothing more than the graven images worshiped by the pagans of history. His only reason for being is to distance his followers from seeking God and contacting God directly. The Roman Catholic church focuses way too much on Mary Idolatry but they did this because the Pagan Roman tribes worshiped female goddesses. Catholics pray to saints rather than God. They ask or pay priests for forgiveness of their sins and avoid facing God and just asking directly. Protestants came about because people wanted to be obedient to God rather than the clergy who had staged a coup against God and professed to have taken away his devine power for themselves. I fear for the Catholic who faces God and hears him/her say " I never knew you."

This was dumb move on the popes part. This happened awhile back and the mafia responded by bombing some churches. So he is basically asking to get bombed.

Funny thing is , is that in the "name of the Roman Catholic church" has killed more people on this planet from the beginning of time than anything else , including supporting the Holocausts in Germany and in other European countries during World War II supporting the Nazis, so what we have here is killers pointing their dirty little fingers at other killers , what a fucked up double standard world ...

I don't believe anything that comes out of a pope's mouth. The gullible sheep do of course.

Last edited by cornuto_e_contento; 06/22/14 02:51 PM.