Originally Posted By: LittleMan
I was in NYC on business when all of the front pages of the tabloids covered a murder at Rao's. If you don't know the story, it's an interesting read.....reputed mobsters, the real life cop from The French Connection, celebrity restaurant and mob hangout, etc...

Murder at Rao's

I just saw this I was supposed to be there the night the guy was killed. Anytime my friend Johnny is in town we meet at Rao's. I could not go because I was baby sitting my little a grand daughter. My wife was out and my daughter had to work late that night. He just missed hitting my friends daughter who was also their that night.

I forget the reason why he shot the guy. I think he made fun of the way his girl friend sang in the place. He got mad and shot him.

Lately every time I go into that place someone is getting killed not in the place. Going to the place. The guy I was telling you about Mike Meldish was supposed to meet us their at 7pm. He never showed up so we leave go to this Chinese restraunt it had the head of a pig on the outside. Get this someone stole it recently. Then we go back. He is still not there so we go home. On Sunday John tellers me the guy his dead someone shot him in his car.

He asked me if I wanted to go to his funeral. I say no I would not go to yours. Evidently, he got mad att me. Has not called me since. Michael had a sister her I did like, but not enough to go to a funeral. I am trying very hard not to go to mine smile

only the unloved hate