Yelp is a bit of a racket. They won't remove "negative" reviews however if you happen to purchase advertising those reviews will still be on the site but you'll need to know the name of the user who posted it and access the review from the list of that users posts. Sneaky. Plus I've seen some bad reviews for places that I go to and know are good.

Back to the food...

I haven't been up to Russian River in over a decade. When I was a kid we'd go there or Kentfield almost every other weekend starting in the spring and sometimes spend a week during summer. My uncle Bruno had a place in Kentfield he'd let my family use and another uncle Vic had a place at the river. We definitely stopped at Negris but now I need to go back. Somehow when I think about it did they have two locations in Occidental? Or was the restaurant in two buildings next to each other? Maybe I'm confusing it with a different place but I'm sure it was a place where we ate.
Also toward the coast for oysters and some cheese from the Marin Cheese Factory.

It's not really off topic since the grove is in the area and we all know that's the TRUE O.C. lol