Originally Posted By: Belmont
Originally Posted By: Torrie1
Originally Posted By: Belmont
This kid grew up in central NJ. How did he get hooked up in brooklyn? I know his father was a made guy that was clipped in 1979. How did he have access to guys in brooklyn growing up in jersey?
The guy wasnt a money maker, he only killed.
John lived in Staten Island until after his father was killed. His mother then sold the house they (Jerry and her)built and moved to NJ. I don't think it was long after Jerry was killed that she relocated herself and John.

I understand that but he was very young, how did he just decide to show up in brooklyn and say " hey, i wanna be a gangster" ...
How did he wind up in brooklyn? He wasnt old enough to establish any strong friendships at such a young age when he lived there.

NJ to SI to Bklyn is a short hop. Not that far a trip. You know people who know people... Remember his father was infamous... Doesn't take much, word is out on the street, Pappas son wants to be a made man... Wonder if he can live up to his fathers name but here's the thing he could never be a made man if my knowledge of the Italian Mafia is correct because he is mixed heritage. My question is almost like yours ... Why would he get involved with the sane kind of people who caused his fathers demise. Maybe he wanted to get closer to them so he could have found out who in fact pulled the trigger on his father. See that was never solved, so if he got into one family he could have found out ? who could have killed his father and then maybe seek vengeance, just a thought, possibly ... Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

Last edited by Torrie1; 06/19/14 05:53 PM.