Originally Posted By: Italianheritage
Originally Posted By: USICILIANU
Most sicilians are looking down at neapolitans, they say they are "mariuoli" which means "thieves", and they say calabresi are particularly stubborn. In fact in Sicily when you call a guy "testa i calabrisi" it means that he is stubborn.

What are other stereotypes for the different regions?

My grandmother and mother are Calabrese-American, as am I. My grandmother is in her mid 90s, and my mother jokes that "being stubborn is what kept her alive that long".

I remember growing up one year my grandmother came for Thanksgiving and she was not happy that my mother did not allow her to cook the Thanksgiving day dinner, or help cook at all. During the meal she said something like, "The turkey tastes OK but it needs more salt."

My Sicilian grandmother is pretty much the same way we also say the reason she's alive for so long is because she's so mean that god is scared of her haha, She was married to a philly wise guy back in the day before Bruno was the boss but he died young, natural causes he didn't get whacked or anything, Then years later for a while she dated a pretty well known member of the Philly family I don't wanna say his same because he's still alive even though he's in prison and is never getting out.

Last edited by SonnyL; 06/18/14 08:34 AM. Reason: Spelling