Originally Posted By: Footreads
Originally Posted By: klydon1
Originally Posted By: Footreads
You know Terry Bradshaw was the last quarterback to call his own plays in the huddle. He won 4 super bowls amazing.

And they called him dumb.

I just watched the complete 1979 AFC playoff game between Pittsburgh and Miami, and remembered what a qb he was. I had forgotten how effortlessly the ball left his hand like a bullet. On one ply he ducked on a blitz, bouncing AJ Duhe over his back and then calmly rifled the ball 35 yards downfield to Swann for a TD, and then nonchalantly walk off the field with a 20-0 first quarter score.

Noll by the way was a connoisseur of art, classical music and fine wine. He was also a gourmet. During the summer camp of '74 he sent a message for rookie Mike Webster to come to his office. Webster felt this could mean only one thing- getting cut, and teammates consoled him before he went. Noll sat him down in the office, pulled out a book and said that he understood Webster was a bird watcher, so they sat together looking at photos of birds.

Mike weber used to be a center for pittsburg right. If I am right he was one of the few centers that went after Butkus knees after his injuries. He hated butkus. smile

Yes. Webster is dead now. He was braindamaged after 17 seasons starting as a center. He may have been the first player diagnosed with chronic traumatic encephalopathy after his career. He was living in his truck and train stations when he died, resisting help from family and friends. It was a similar condition to Junior Seau's.